BOKA Powell is a growing, dynamic, and award-winning design firm headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in Fort Worth and Austin. Our project types include: Mixed-Use, Hospitality, Corporate Campus, Commercial Office, Interiors, Urban Living, Higher Education, Healthcare, Sports, Retail, Adaptive Re-Use & Renovation, Sustainable Design, Planning & Urban Design and Graphic Design. Our project teams foster rewarding collaboration, professional development, and outstanding design solutions. We offer an energetic, fast-paced, professional work environment, with growth potential at all levels, and excellent benefits.
Visit our Firm Culture page to learn more about what it’s like to work at BOKA Powell.
If you are interested in learning more about opportunities at BOKA Powell, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our team of professionals in our Dallas office. The Interior Designer will have a diverse range of project types including Hospitality, Corporate, Healthcare and Higher Education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, specifications, finish and material selections, knowledge of local material resources.
- Participate in the production of construction documents
- Work with consultants, product reps and furniture dealers to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in the production of finish board presentations
- 5-7 years of Interior Design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University
- Interior Design license or progressing toward achieving license
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up Microsoft Office and Photoshop or Indesign
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced and fun environment
- Positive attitude with high energy
Multiple positions coming open for individuals with demonstrated Revit project experience. Project Coordinators (2-5 years’ experience) & Architectural Interns (1-2 years’ of experience). Desire experience primarily in project types similar to BOKA Powell’s which include hospitality, housing, mixed use, healthcare, corporate campus, and higher education. Architectural degree from accredited college required. Please submit resumes to email@example.com EOE
At BOKA Powell, the Project Architect shares the design and production leadership role with a Project Manager and Project Designer with the primary responsibility to implement the design intent of the project into a comprehensive set of construction documents. The Project Architect is involved early in the design process through construction administration as the primary technical expert for the team.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in producing construction documents for commercial projects.
- Licensure required.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in architecture from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated work experience on BOKA Powell’s project types.
- Proficiency in Revit to the level of being able to draw/produce documents.
- Primarily responsible for the technical and production aspects of projects from the Design Development phase through Construction Administration.
- Guide design team through the construction documentation process, check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/contractors and develop construction details.
- Coordinate the production of project specifications.
- Assist in the Design Control/Construction Administration phase of the various projects.
- Contribute to and maintain firm-wide documentation procedures and standards.
- Support project management in staffing, fee estimating, and scheduling.
- Conceives, designs, and prepares working drawings for new or modified structures.
- Must perform a variety of complicated problem solving tasks.
- Responsible for daily supervision of design and technical development of projects.
- Prepare suggestions to Project Manager for staffing requirements and production to keep project performance on track.
- Develop effective client relationships while bringing projects to fruition
- Keep design support team productive and efficient in production of the project.
- Responsible for check set review and code compliance review of assigned projects.
- Works with contractors to price, bid, and construct projects.
- Responsible for “micro-marketing” on a daily basis by effectively delivering firm services to clients, contractors, subcontractors and allied professionals.
- Oversees and manages construction administration phase while working in conjunction with larger project team.
- Involvement in project documents development phases to assist with quality and coordination of drawings and specifications.
- Directs construction administration activities on projects and monitors project for construction document compliance.
- Understands our contract agreements and obligations.
- Position establishes project procedures and conducts problem solving activities, proposal reviews, certification recommendations and conducts/attends regular jobsite meetings and performs field observations and reporting.
- Initiates document revisions and project reviews, and processes AIA documents.
- Reviews, coordinates, and responds to RFI’s and Submittals and tracks responses.
- Makes substantial completion inspections/determination and prepares certificates with list of deficiencies and other close-out activities.
- Position must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively, in a timely fashion, with all team members.
- Builds and maintains favorable working relationships with Client, Contractor, and all team members.
- 15+ years of Architectural experience with at least 10+ years’ experience performing Architectural CA Services or an Architectural Project Architect with extensive or equivalent CA experience.
- Degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture or Engineering or equivalent qualification (Construction Management).
- Registration is strongly preferred.