BOKA Powell is a growing, dynamic, and award-winning design firm headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in Fort Worth and Austin. Our project types include: Mixed-Use, Hospitality, Corporate Campus, Commercial Office, Interiors, Urban Living, Higher Education, Healthcare, Sports, Retail, Adaptive Re-Use & Renovation, Sustainable Design, Planning & Urban Design and Graphic Design. Our project teams foster rewarding collaboration, professional development, and outstanding design solutions. We offer an energetic, fast-paced, professional work environment, with growth potential at all levels, and excellent benefits.
Visit our Firm Culture page to learn more about what it’s like to work at BOKA Powell.
If you are interested in learning more about opportunities at BOKA Powell, please email us at: email@example.com.
- We are currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our team of professionals in our Dallas office. The Interior Designer will have a diverse range of project types including Hospitality, Corporate, Healthcare and Higher Education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, specifications, finish and material selections, knowledge of local material resources.
- Participate in the production of construction documents
- Work with consultants, product reps and furniture dealers to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in the production of finish board presentations
- 5-7 years of Interior Design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University
- Interior Design license or progressing toward achieving license
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up Microsoft Office and Photoshop or Indesign
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced and fun environment
- Positive attitude with high energy
Multiple positions coming open for individuals with demonstrated Revit project experience. Project Coordinators (2-5 years’ experience) & Architectural Interns (1-2 years’ of experience). Desire experience primarily in project types similar to BOKA Powell’s which include hospitality, housing, mixed use, healthcare, corporate campus, and higher education. Architectural degree from accredited college required. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
At BOKA Powell, the Project Architect shares the design and production leadership role with a Project Manager and Project Designer with the primary responsibility to implement the design intent of the project into a comprehensive set of construction documents. The Project Architect is involved early in the design process through construction administration as the primary technical expert for the team.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in producing construction documents for large scale commercial projects.
- Texas licensure required.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in architecture.
- Demonstrated work experience on high-rise and high-density multi-family, office and/or hospitality projects ($50 to $80 million construction cost and greater).
- Strong design sensibility and willingness to contribute to a collaborative design process
- Proficiency in Revit to the level of being able to draw/produce documents.
- Excellent understanding of how major building envelope systems are constructed
- Thorough understanding of codes and life safety.
- Ability to lead team to produce projects efficiently and profitably.
- Thorough understanding of the project delivery process.
- Problem solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project management experience is beneficial.
- Project technical leader.
- Manage team to produce contract/construction documents.
- Assist in developing design during early design phases.
- Manage and coordinate consultants work.
- Develop cartoon sets and establish direction for construction documents.
- Prepare code review summary and implement into projects.
- Correspondence with authorities having jurisdiction during design to confirm code compliance.
- Maintain and build relationships with clients.
- Performs basic CA assignments while working from direction of others.
- Helps in maintaining submittals/samples on assigned projects.
- Prepares Revit plans in support of RFI responses if applicable.
- Directs own daily activities while working with the CA team and being supervised by others.
- Intern’s work is spot checked while in progress and checked upon completion.
- Participation in BOKA Powell opportunities for learning and improving technical skills, design and product knowledge.
- Architectural or Engineering Degree.
- 0 to 2 years’ experience
- Revit Software Proficiency Strongly Desired