BOKA Powell is a growing, dynamic, and award-winning design firm headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in Fort Worth and Austin. Our project types include: Mixed-Use, Hospitality, Corporate Campus, Commercial Office, Interiors, Residential, Higher Education, Healthcare, Sports, Retail, Adaptive Re-Use & Renovation, Sustainable Design, Planning & Urban Design and Graphic Design. Our project teams foster rewarding collaboration, professional development, and outstanding design solutions. We offer an energetic, fast-paced, professional work environment, with growth potential at all levels, and excellent benefits. Visit our Firm Culture page to learn more about what it’s like to work at BOKA Powell.
If you are interested in learning more about opportunities at BOKA Powell, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our team of professional in our Dallas office. The Interior Designer will have a diverse range of project types including Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education and Hospitality.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, specifications, finish and material selections, knowledge of local material resources.
- Participate in the production of construction documents
- Work with consultants, product reps and furniture dealers to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in the production of finish board presentations
- 5-7 years of Interior Design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University
- Interior Design license or progressing toward achieving license
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up Microsoft Office and Photoshop or Indesign
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced and fun environment
- Positive attitude with high energy
Multiple positions coming open for individuals with demonstrated Revit project experience. Positions include Project Architects (5+ years’ experience), Project Coordinators (2-5 years’ experience), and Interior Design Candidates (Dallas Only) (3-7 years’ experience and prefer licensure). Desire experience primarily in project types similar to BOKA Powell’s which include hospitality, housing, mixed use, healthcare, corporate campus, and higher education. Architectural or Interior Design degree from accredited college required.
- Oversees and manages construction administration phase while working in conjunction with larger project team.
- Involvement in project documents development phases to assist with quality and coordination of drawings and specifications.
- Directs construction administration activities on projects and monitors project for construction document compliance.
- Understands our contract agreements and obligations.
- Position establishes project procedures and conducts problem solving activities, proposal reviews, certification recommendations and conducts/attends regular jobsite meetings and performs field observations and reporting.
- Initiates document revisions and project reviews, and processes AIA documents.
- Reviews, coordinates, and responds to RFI’s and Submittals and tracks responses.
- Makes substantial completion inspections/determination and prepares certificates with list of deficiencies and other close-out activities.
- Position must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively, in a timely fashion, with all team members.
- Builds and maintains favorable working relationships with Client, Contractor, and all team members.
- 15+ years of Architectural experience with at least 10+ years’ experience performing Architectural CA Services or an Architectural Project Architect with extensive or equivalent CA experience.
- Degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture or Engineering or equivalent qualification (Construction Management).
- Registration is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must work well in a collaborative office environment.
- Competent understanding of how major building envelope systems are constructed including masonry, precast, stucco, and curtain wall.
- Ability to lead team to produce projects efficiently and profitably.
- Thorough understanding of codes and life safety.
- Problem solving ability.
- Thorough understanding of the project delivery process.
- Project team leader.
- Develop and build relationships with new and existing clients.
- Analysis of client challenges in conceiving and developing architectural solutions.
- Prepare code review summary and implement in projects.
- Lead team to produce contract/construction documents.
- Manage and coordinate consultants.
- Exterior detailing and understanding of different building envelope options.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with a direct role in the architectural design and/ or project management of significant projects.
- Demonstrated work experience on commercial projects with a construction cost over $25 million.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in architecture.
- Licensed to practice architecture in Texas.
- Revit project experience is a plus.