BOKA Powell is an award-winning architecture, interiors, planning, and design firm headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in Fort Worth, Austin, and Denver.
Principal engagement and a dynamic team atmosphere foster rewarding collaboration, professional development, and outstanding design solutions. We offer an energetic, fast-paced, professional work environment with growth potential at all levels, as well as excellent benefits.
Every career opportunity in the world comes with a certain set of expectations, and at BOKA Powell the bar is set exceedingly high. Our standard is excellence. We strive to hire the best and expect our employees to be ― or have the potential to become ― top thought leaders in our industry. Our people must exceed expectations and be self-starters, ambitious, and driven. Each person will be given the opportunity to grow and afforded the tools to be in the top echelon. Every role matters ― whether behind the scenes, or in front of our clients, performing each task with excellence is what sets us apart.
At BOKA Powell, we consider our business to be an extension of family. As with many families, there is a diverse mix of personalities across our teams, and that diversity can bring a variety of ideas and solutions. Each of us has a duty to one another and to our clients to promote an atmosphere of collegiality ― one that is fun, positive, and respectful. We value both honesty that is delivered in a caring way and the ability to listen in a respectful way. At BOKA Powell behavior matters ― it is the biggest reason why someone succeeds or fails in our firm.
Excellence is championed and celebrated. Time, money, and resources are invested in our top people to continue to develop them into the leaders in our company. Everyone plays a role in advancing this company forward, and high performers will be compensated accordingly to ensure their happiness. We will invest and reward employees who consistently demonstrate a drive for company and personal growth.
Transparency is valued in the form of open and honest dialogue. Leaders are expected to actively communicate with employees how they are perceived in their role, within the organization, and their potential. We will individually identify those for leadership roles and those who have potential for leadership. It is our goal to understand everyone’s career aspirations and we will be candid with them as it relates to their opportunity for growth and advancement.
Together we share an obligation for the growth of the firm and for the development of everyone in the firm. Employees have a responsibility to be team players, to advocate for themselves, and to mentor, train, and develop others in the organization. At BOKA Powell the professional development of our people is one of our greatest strengths.
We take pride in building up professionals at all levels within our firm.
- More than 30 percent of staff — including design and non-design roles — hold Associate-level positions or above.
- Matrix of Responsibility (MOR) groups encourage staff engagement (Culture, Community Service, Marketing, Operations, Design, Revit User Group, HR, IT, and Professional Development).
- Annual professional license renewal fees and professional association membership fees are paid for Associate-level staff and above.
- Access to the Black Spectacles platform for ARE study materials, as well as resources for NCIDQ, LEED AP, and other certifications. The firm reimburses employees for the cost of each exam passed.
- Lunch and Learn presentations held weekly to help staff earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Paid attendance at conferences and events where accredited courses are offered.
- Design competitions are held each summer. Past efforts have included the Uber Elevate “Skyport” Concept, Guggenheim Helsinki, and the National Museum of World Writing in Songdo, South Korea, which was honored with an AIA Dallas Design Award.
- Technology resources, including Virtual Reality platforms, 3D printers, and drones. Each employee is provided either an enhanced 3D design workstation or a laptop computer.
- Annual reviews are held annually with each employee to review performance for the preceding year, as well as professional goals, skills, and opportunities for advancement.
BOKA Powell’s benefits package is among the best in the industry.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available at the first of month following employment
- Company-paid $50,000 life insurance policy
- FSA Medical and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Fidelity Investments. Employees are eligible at quarterly enrollment after 90 days’ service. Match 100% up to 4% of gross salary each paycheck with immediate 100% vesting.
- Flexible scheduling available and PTO offered based on tenure
- Minimum of nine paid holiday days off. (For 2018, 12 paid holiday days were given, which included four four-day weekends.)
- Parental Leave (after one-year tenure): Two (2) weeks 100% paid Parental Leave for either parent. Applies to birth of child, adoption, and foster parent. (Employees may use two weeks within 12 months). Short-Term Disability coverage starts after seven calendar-day waiting period. Ramp-Back Return Program offered after childbirth. (Minimum 30 hours per week to ramp back to 40 hours in 6 months.)
- Each office hosts a monthly “Fun Friday” activity involving all staff members. Twice each year, all employees come together in Dallas for firm-wide events.
Visit our Firm Culture page to learn more about what it’s like to work at BOKA Powell.
If you are interested in learning more about opportunities at BOKA Powell, please email us at: email@example.com.